ODP - the platform open GPRS remote die concepts
- Secure networking across multiple channels: Ethernet/GPRS/DSL/Leased line
- Multiple connection options – online, historic, active
- Universal involvement through industrial standards and open structure
The complex interaction of components in modern industrial plants makes high demands on communication. Special challenges particularly arise with device coupling over long distances.
A comprehensive communication system that meets these challenges must also ensure the connection of the components and be able to use different transmission paths.
Safety, flexibility, reliability – these requirements are important for communication in order to ensure a constant flow of data and information in the „nervous system“ for your networked plant.
Do you need a comprehensive communications solution for your equipment? A system which offers the correct connection mode for each requirement and can use different transfer paths? That can be coupled easily with all of your components and optimally adapts to your plant design?
The prerequisite for this is a communication portal which ensures data exchange accordingly to the specific requirements of your plant – online, historical or event-controlled. A flexible system with which you can use the classical ethernet connection as well as further transmission paths such as GPRS.
And which enables hassle-free integration into your specific plant concept with its open, manufacturer-neutral design. With the communication portal ODP, we have developed a solution which takes all of these requirements into account.
The solution: ODP
With the Open Data Port (ODP), a platform has been developed for data communication which adapts optimally to plant-specific communication requirements and offers the user maximum comfort and safety. ODP ensures smooth data and information exchange for your various plant components.
The portal allows open communication to different PLC components, automation or measuring devices on the basis of GPRS, DSL and ethernet. Data transfer is performed either online or by means of historical values with a time stamp. Special features include the connection options of different manufacturers, also in mixed structure, as well as the user-friendly configuration.
With this, ODP offers a new perspective for open, secure and transparent data management with complete cost and connection control.
With ODP you can
- Pair your system components in the local network or over long distances
- Connect each piece of SPS hardware via neutral interfaces and channels
- Use various connection modes, depending on plant design Online, historically, event-controlled
- Use and combine different transmission paths: Ethernet, GPRS, DSL or leased line
- Simple commissioning and intuitive handling
- Fast configuration through interface reduction and export/ programming of OPC items
- Combination of various business areas and cost control of the entire communication
- Manufacturer-neutral integration through open interfaces and protocols
- Comprehensive training and qualified support
- Good price-performance ratio
Our expert articles will be available here shortly.
Our video will be available here shortly.